Parents and students! There are just two weeks left of school before the winter break, and there is plenty to do and celebrate! Be sure to check out the following events, which include some parent volunteer opportunities. We could use your help to make this time special for everyone at Phillips Elementary!
- Peppermint Village Gift Shop — A student-purchase gift shop offers special items for students to buy for their family and friends December 5 – 9. We need parent volunteers to help with sales during lunch times and before/after Celebration of Learning on Thursday and Friday. Just a couple of hours can help!
- Celebration of Learning — Come enjoy performances from 2nd Grade and 5th Grade, plus the usual awards and birthday celebrations. Be sure to sign up ahead of time for the Thursday and Friday event.
- Parent Book Study — Join our first-ever parent book study event in the library on December 12.
- Merry and Bright Movie Night — Ready to get into the holiday spirit? Come watch “Frosty the Snowman” with your friends in the cafeteria on December 12.
- Teacher Cookie Buffet — Show your appreciation to our teachers by contributing some sweet treats to the cookie buffet on December 14.
- Winter Class Parties — Parents are invited to their students’ winter class parties on the last day before the holiday break, December 16. Be sure to check for the location, as some parties might be outside the classroom!
- December teacher birthdays — Don’t forget: there are teachers whose birthdays occur during the winter break. Birthday baker sign-ups are available online here.